How Does Barn2Door Work?
How it Works
- Farmers anywhere in the USA use Barn2Door as their turnkey ecommerce solution to list ongoing food for sale, get paid and provide customers with 24/7 access to purchase their food.
- Farmers use Barn2Door to sell to all Buyers (neighbors, consumers, businesses).
- Farmers list food and non-food items for sale.
- Farmers list how you get your food: farmers can ship direct and / or deliver to local pickup sites and / or offer custom delivery in specific zip codes.
- Buyers shop and buy from familiar farms or discover new farms that deliver locally and / or ship direct.
What can I buy on Barn2Door?
Source food and non-food items directly from food producers. Farmers, fishers, ranchers & foragers use Barn2Door so customers can always see what is available and purchase the best quality food with the highest possible transparency. Food producers sell heritage and pastured meats, heirloom produce & unusual items like oxtail, duck eggs & fireweed honey. Producers (and only food producers) may also sell value-added products (jams, chutneys, jerky) and non-food items like firewood, fiber, soaps and plant starts. Products sold through Barn2Door must meet our Quality Standards:
We believe your food should be grown without chemicals, pesticides, hormones, routine antibiotics or anything unnatural, synthetic or potentially harmful. We require sellers to keep it real by keeping it clean.
We appreciate sellers who value heirloom seeds and heritage breeds, actively work to increase biodiversity, care for their environment and the living conditions of animals, and strive to make their farm ecosystem as healthy as possible.
There are nuances and standards specific to each category from pork to poultry to farm eggs and raw milk; farmers must follow federal and state direct sale standards per category. Further, we require farmers to disclose all practices, ingredients, feed and soil inputs per product.
Why we think you will like Barn2Door
- Visibility into all farms selling food near you – as well as those that ship direct to your door.
- 24/7 access to buy the freshest, highest quality, responsibly grown & raised food.
- Best possible prices – farmers list real prices – no middleman takes a cut or marks up prices.
- Complete food transparency: get food direct from the source, and know all soil and feed inputs, practices and ingredients.
- Direct access to farmers – ask questions and develop relationships with your food growers.
- Knowledge that buying direct – with no middleman taking a cut of farmers’ profits – means maximum possible profit(s) in farmers’ pockets.